UKSPA’s annual conference will take place this year at the University of Birmingham. There is an opportunity to attend a pre-conference event at the nearby MIRA Technology Park near Nuneaton that is available for free for UKSPA members and for a small fee for non-members. The Conference, Awards, Dinner, Study Tours and Exhibition will deliver an opportunity to take stock of the changes that are taking place in the sector, share good practice and also allow to consider the future just a few days after the scheduled date for Brexit.
here will also be a huge choice of other sessions and the conference streams will look at some of the key challenges and opportunities for UKSPA members and other stakeholders:
• City led Innovation: delivering new research on the growth of Innovation districts and partnerships with towns and rural areas
• Clusters – rural and urban – and their developing partnerships with other Innovation providers
• Company growth from start-up to scale-up
• International experience – a new era for UK innovation locations and collaborative relationships with Europe and beyond.
• What can we learn? Sharing fresh thinking on successful projects and locations showcased by those shortlisted in the 2019 UKSPA Awards
• Innovation Places and Shared Spaces – current trends, policies and impact
• Sector Challenges – future opportunities for the innovation sector
Other sessions will look at
• Life Science and labs facilities that foster cross-disciplinary and academia/industry communication, collaboration and innovation in university, science park and commercial/public sector research environments.
• Efficient and effective operation of laboratories and related innovation/research spaces to support creativity, productivity, resource efficiency, skills and workflows.
Hotel accommodation is not included and UKSPA urge multiple day attendees to book accommodation sooner rather than later. More hotel information is available on their website.